Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rubber Legs

Wow, I did a lot today! This is going to be a long post. I wanted to do some museums this week, so I decided to finish off the Natural History Museum. I took the long way there by deciding to walk almost the whole way. I walked from home through Primrose Hill (pictured below) and it was so nice out that I sat down and sun tanned for a bit on the hill. Through Regent’s Park next (third pic) and walked to Marble Arch and along Hyde Park to Knightsbridge. I had to hop on a bus the rest of the way, my legs were tired!



I got off at the Natural History Museum and there was no crazy lineup like the last attempt at coming here! I had already seen the dinosaurs, so I did the mammal and Earth sections today. It was neat but there were so many kids! By the end I just wanted to get out of there.



I was starving when I left so I stopped at Pret (my fav cafĂ©) to have a breadless sandwich (they are so good). Then off to Harrod’s. I spent quite a while in there! I had been in there a little while ago, but this time I saw rooms that I hadn’t seen last time (it’s huge!) I treated myself to a cuppa and a pain au chocolat; Soooooo good! I also bought some tea ( blend 49); I’ll try it out tonight! I know I like their assam tea so I’m sure it’ll be good. (Harrod's below)



What next? Then I caught a bus to Piccadilly Circus and walked around Soho towards Oxford Street. I got a phone call about a little temp job for Thursday and Friday! It’s not the job I mentioned in the last post but it something. It’ll be my first UK job! I’ll be a receptionist at an Audi car dealership. I’ve never been a receptionist, so it’ll be interesting! They’ll teach me how to use a switchboard. Yikes! I hope it’s not really busy.

Piccadilly Circus

I guess that’s it! I’m at home resting my poor rubber legs and I’ll try out my tea, oh, and Gareth brought home so hot cross buns! I haven’t tried those before! Mmmmmmm.

M

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hi Michelle. It looks like you are having so much fun. I check your blog everyday to see what you are up to. It's so interesting.