Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2006

On the Thames

Today I went to the Borough Market with Garreth. It's a food market under the London Bridge on the South Bank. It took about an hour and a half to get there by bus and walking. The market was full of food stalls with a bunch of free samples! There were samples of cheeses, jams, sausages, breads, fruit, juice, brownies, etc. Everything was sooo good! There was a German stand, so I bought some weisswurst. I also bought some dried strawberries and mango. mmmmmmm! Garreth left to visit his parents till tomorrow.

On London Bridge and the Borough Market.

After the market I meandered along the Thames to Tower Bridge and down the other side. It was very sunny and nice today (still not t-shirt weather though). I made it to St.Pauls Cathedral and walked down Fleet Street. Next I stopped for a coffee and studied some Greek. On the way home I made a stop at the grocery store to buy some food because I wanted to make a German dinner. It turned out so good! It had weisswurst, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, pita (pretzel substitute) and topped with strong mustard and wine! I love that type of meal. Now I'm going to hit the sack.


Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, a skinny building on Fleet Street.

M

No comments: