Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Learning Greek

It ended up being quite dark out today so I didn't really feel like going outside. I wrote a few emails, job hunted, and watched some TV. Then I got antsy and decided to go out to the local Starbucks (around the corner). I brought my "Greek for Beginners" book and had a Caramel Macchiato and studied Greek for a few hours till it closed at 7:30! I'm still a total beginner since it's not very similar to French or English, but I'm starting to get some basics down. I know how to greet people, ask their name and where they are from, ask if they understand, tell them where I live....stuff like that.

Then I headed home after stopping at the grocery store and made some dinner and watched a movie. Tomorrow I plan on going out all day and look around Soho since it's supposed to be sunny!

A few tidbits of useless info:
1. Apparently Tim Burton lives around the corner; I guess I won't be able to miss him with his crazy hair!
2. I wasn't sure I'd be able to drink the tap water here, but I'm glad you can. It just tastes a little funny (apparently by the time the water makes it to London, it has been used and recycled 7 times!) I'm getting used to the flavor though.
3. They don't have Cinnamon Dolce Lattes at Starbucks! (my favorite flavor)

M

No comments: