Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Second Day at the Pub

(May 15)
Today I had my second day of work at the pub and it couldn’t have been more different than the first shift! A total 180. It was slow today since it’s a Monday and it wasn’t sunny out (which makes a huge difference because of the location - in Hampstead Heath). I also didn’t have to run any food or clear any plates/glasses! I was behind the bar the whole time and was trained to be a bartender, which I much prefer because you don’t have to run around and touch dirty plates. There is so much to memorize though! All the drinks (beer, wines, liquors) and which glasses they go in because a lot of brands have specific glasses and different ways of pouring them. I also had to learn where everything is and how to punch in orders since the bartenders take drink and food orders there. We also had a staff meeting from 3-5 (and I worked 11-5) so my last 2 hours of work were just sitting with everyone and sampling some new summer drinks and going over some rules. Although this was an enjoyable and easy day, it’s usually crazy busy, so I have to brace myself for that!

After work I went grocery shopping and booked accommodation for my Venice trip! 25 euro per night isn’t bad at all! Now I’m going to watch TV accompanied with some tea and go to bed.

M

No comments: