Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Tony!

I had a better weekend than expected! I found out of Friday that Tony was able to visit for the weekend! On Friday in the afternoon he had a ceremony at the Army base where he received his Special Forces beret (I couldn’t go because I had to work). He is now officially in Special Forces. After the ceremony he and some others were moved to another base closer to Athens where they will learn Communications for 1 month. Once they arrived at the new base, they were let go for the weekend and I picked Tony up from the Ferry at 3:20am Saturday morning.

We had a busy weekend doing some errands and we went for a visit with his “Yia Yia” (Grandma). On Saturday evening we went with Markos to see how “Suma” is made. It’s a strong liquor made from the left over grape pulp from wine making. We also had time to rent a movie and on Sunday morning we went for frapes and crepes before he had to leave on a 2:30 ferry. It was a short but sweet visit like most of them are. He may even get next weekend off too since it’s voting time. I hope so!

Here is a pic of me and my two boys! Lol!



M

1 comment:

Melissa said...

How precious and cuddly is that kitty!