Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Motorbike + Torrential Downpour = Craziness

Well, I know what it's like to ride my bike in the rain now. It has been warm and sunny lately but yesterday was a different story.

Most of the day was nice but the clouds rolled in and in the early evening it started to rain a little. I had to do some errands before Karate so I thought I'd get them over with in case the rain got worse. “OH MY GOODNESS” is all I have to say. I have never in my life seen rain like this!

Once I got into town the rain got a lot stronger and I was getting drenched. I decided to pull over to wait it out under a storefront. The thunder and lightning came right overhead and it was so loud I thought it was going to break the windows! I stood there for about half an hour and it was still like sheets of water coming down and the streets turned into rivers. I WISH I had my camera!

I finally had to leave my safe spot since I had Karate and didn't want to miss it. So I got on my bike and rode it one-handed because I had to cover my face (the rain hurt). I just had to laugh because there was no use in trying to stay dry, I was already soaked all the way through so it was kinda fun riding through inches of water and getting splashed by the cars. Luckily it wasn't too cold. Some of the roads were invisible under all the water and it looked like you could take a boat down them in the rapids!

My Karate suit got wet too and afterwards I had to put my soaking jeans and shirt back on. I rung my fleecey out and buckets of water came out of it. When I got home I had a hot shower and hung my stuff up to dry. I'm thinking I should find some waterproof clothes to wear on the motorbike now because that was insane!!!

This morning on the news it showed flooding around Greece so it must’ve been a pretty big rainstorm.

M

No comments: