Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

Green Thumb

I want to plant a few things in the yard around my place but it’s in no shape to be planted yet. It needs some serious work!

I’ve been tackling it with a rake and a hoe. I’ve raked the top layer of dead grass off and I’m in the process of braking up the soil and getting rid of rocks and weeds. I also ripped a bunch of dead tree branches off. So even now it looks better. I’ll post before and after pictures when I’ve actually planted something. I’m going to stop by a plant shop today and see what they have. I have no clue what to plant, I wanted tomatoes, but apparently it’s too late. Lettuce and cabbage are good to plant now but that’s boring. I think I’ll stick to flowers. I don’t know the first thing about gardening, so maybe I can ask for beginner plants which can take the abuse of a first time gardener!

The last few days have been really sunny and warm so I’ve been going to the beach a lot. Yesterday I went to Kolimbithres Beach; it is full of really cool rock formations. It’s usually packed in the summer but not now, most of the tourists have left.



I rented the last 2 DVDs of season 4 of “24” over the weekend and “WOW!” is all I can say!! If you haven’t seen the show “24” I highly recommend it. And season 4 is the best one yet. (at least that’s as far as I’ve gotten so far).

Oh, and I start Karate tonight so that should be fun!

M

No comments: