Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Surprise

It’s my dad’s birthday today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to daddy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!



Even though I miss out on a birthday, I still had a lot of fun over here. Tony surprised me yet again! I was called up to his parent’s place, Friday evening, to get my cat (because he likes to bug them up there now). But when I got to the door to find my brat cat, Tony was there! I thought I would see him next at the end of Nov but since he was transferring to a base on Samos, he found out that same day that they were letting him go home for a bit first. He has been soooo lucky with his time off; He’s been able to come home a handful of times whereas a friend of his on a different base (Samos) has been let out only twice in 3 months! I think once Tony gets to Samos too, it’ll be a little harder for him to leave.

The weekend was so much fun! On Sat it was “Oχι Day” (pronounced “Ohi Day” and means “No Day”) Oχι Day is celebrated because of General Ioannis Metaxas' strong reply of 'oχι' (no) to Mussolini's request to allow Italian troops to come into Greece at the beginning of WW II. The result of this message was powerful, and in the end, helped to maintain Greece’s course of neutrality for generations.

Anyways, in the morning we made crepes and headed to town to watch the “Oχι Day” parade with some of Tony’s friends. Afterwards we all went out for coffee at a really nice café on a cliff overlooking the ocean. In the evening, we had dinner with his parents and watched a movie called “Inside Man” (quite good!). And at around midnight, we left to go out dancing with some friends and stayed out till 4:30am.



On Sunday Tony had to leave so we stayed at home for the day. The time changed here on Sat night, so we had an extra hour of sleep, but we still slept in till 12. We made more crepes for breakfast/lunch, I gave him a hair cut, and he packed all his stuff up. Since he was transferring to another base he had to put on his fancy uniform for the trip over so of course we had to get a bunch of pics (he felt like a tourist attraction! lol!).



The weather is supposed to get cold and rainy again for this week, so I hope the forecast is wrong because it’s been nice lately!

M

No comments: