Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

London With Fam

Yesterday, I did head downtown and had my "Pret" for lunch and checked out the stores. I walked all around Picadilly, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, and everything inbetween. Later, I met up with my visiting family members at their hotel near Hyde Park. It was nice to see family again! My Aunty Bev and cousins Heidi, Eric, and Lisa are here. We all headed out and took a cab to Picadilly and had a quick dinner at an Italian restaurant near the Queen Elizabeth theatre where "Les Miserables" is palying. We got to the theatre just in time for the show and it was really good! I was nodding off for the last hour just because I hadn't slept much, if at all, the night before.

This morning, I met up with my fam at Hillsong church. I missed that church so it was fun to go back to it again. After it was over, we headed down Oxford Street towards Hyde Park, stopping in a few shops along the way. We looked around in Selfridges and stopped for a cup of tea and scones/cake. It was quite a hot and sunny day so it was tiring walking through all the crowds of people and trying a bunch of clothes on.

We got to Hyde Park at the right time to see Speaker's Corner in action. There was a big crowd of people gathered around many different speakers. We walked around listening to each of them for a bit. Some of them were interesting. And it's always entertaining especially when others start debating!

We headed back in the direction we came stopping in a few more shops and finally they decided to go swimming at the hotel and I wanted to buy some food, go home, and relax for the evening. Gareth was home so we got to chat about our summers and catch up.

Tomorrow, I'm going to meet my fam at their hotel in the morning and we will all take a train to Oxford and from there we'll rent a car and explore (maybe the Cotswolds?) I'm not sure exactly! lol! It'll be fun to see other areas though. I won't be able to update my blog till I get back here or to Greece, since I may not get back to the flat till Friday morning and then I have to leave that day, so it'll be busy.

M

No comments: