Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Friday, Sept 15 - London

In the am I woke up with a huge headache. I didn’t have to leave for the airport till 2:00 so I wanted to go into town and look around but this headache wasn’t helping. I made myself get dressed and go outside and I bought some Tylenol type pills and headed to my favorite Starbucks nearby where I washed the pills down with a tall latte. I sat at a table outside for and hour or so and soon I felt better.

I walked through Primrose Hill and Camden and hopped on the Tube to Knightsbridge. I walked down Sloane St. and looked through Harrods. I took the tube back to Covent Garden and watched a funny street performer and walked around a bit. Finally, it was time for me to head back home and get my luggage.

I said bye to my cute flat and headed to the Liverpool Station where I caught the Standsted Express to the airport. The lineups were insane at the airport! I guess it has to do with the new security procedures. There were people everywhere in lines and people running down the halls trying to catch their flights. I finally caught mine which was an hour late.



I made it to the Athens airport at 1am and I had to try to get a hold of Tony but he was doing night training, so I didn’t get in contact with him till about 3am (we had decided to meet up near Athens on Sat but had to finalize a place and time to meet). Then I had a pretty good sleep on an airport bench till 8am.

M

No comments: