Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bye Tony, Stay Safe!!!!

Well last night I had to say my “good-byes” to Tony as he headed off to the Army for a year. He is stationed in Corinth right now but will move to another place (unknown) in about 1-2 months. He will be able to visit every couple weeks for the first few months but it still feels like I won’t see him for a long time. It’s not the same without him here. Now, instead of feeling like a tourist and a guest at Tony’s parent’s house, I’ve got to start becoming localized and eventually move into my suite and start working. Since I’ll be on my own more now, I’m going to take the opportunity to do some major Greek studying and I may start painting once I move into my place.

A few days ago we went back to the caves at Marathi. This time we came prepared with warmer clothes and a flashlight. We went quite far into the cave and it was like a maze! You could really get lost down there! We ended up coming out of a different cave nearby. Some areas of the caves were so small you had to crawl on your hands and knees. I’m definitely going back there to explore!



M

No comments: