Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Going Home

I leave London tomorrow for Victoria and I’m excited! I’ve had such a great time away but I think I’m ready to go home now.

I’m not looking forward to my 11 hour budget flight though. I know they serve a meal (but how good? I don’t know) and I’m not sure if there’ll be a movie on or not. Oh well, I’ll get what I paid for – it was cheap! I’ve stocked up on magazines and I have a book that I’m reading, so that’ll help.

The last few days in London have been good. I’ve been going for long walks and doing a bit of shopping. Yesterday, I went to the National Portrait Gallery; it’s jam packed with such beautiful paintings! Today was pretty uneventful; I went for a long walk through Primrose Hill, Maida Vale, and Little Venice but I forgot my Oyster Card (my pass for the buses and Tube) so I walked alllllll the way back home. By the time I got home in the late afternoon, my legs were soooo tired, I just stayed in the rest of the day and vegged. I might as well relax now since I won’t be doing much of that at home. Below: Trafalgar Square with a photography exhibition and art piece in front and Little Venice.

I start work on Monday (not Friday like I posted previously) and the weekend will be full of unpacking, getting car insurance, getting organized, and over the jet lag.

I didn’t really plan to keep this blog going when I got home. I think I will for a bit though, at least until it’s all back to normal. Once work starts though, I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting.

To all you family and friends in Victoria, we’ll have to meet up! See you all soon!

M

2 comments:

CaliforniaKat said...

Hi M, I think you should leave the blog up even after you get home and do/don't post. It's a fine example of a woman who was adventurous, used her brain in equal amounts with her heart, grew as a person, grew in a relationship and had a great time.

Many could benefit and enjoy this chapter in your life.

Travel Girl said...

Thanks for the comment californiakat! Yes, I will leave it up; I just may not post as often. Maybe I can add future trips to it!
Take care,
Michelle