Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

Adjusting

I’ve been back for a few days now and I really like being home. I’ve had fun seeing Tony, friends, family, and new babies in the last few days. It’s great to see everyone again!

On Friday, my first day back, I got insurance for my car and took it to get tuned up and ready to drive again. I knew it wasn’t good for the car to just sit for a long time but I didn’t think things would deteriorate. I got a bunch of fluid changed (oil and another kind), a new battery, and the brakes needed to be fixed. It was a costly day! At least it’s all taken care of now.

Also on Friday, I had to dye my hair. I was so sick of the bronzy color the sun bleached it and I wanted my natural color back (brunette) so here’s the before and after. Quite a difference!

I’ve noticed a few things that I didn’t think of before. Such as, how friendly and helpful everyone who works in the stores are. I went with Tony to do some grocery shopping and started to bag our food at the till; I just assumed we had to bag it ourselves but the girl at the till said it’s her job and thanked me for the help, lol.

Tomorrow is my first day back at work at an animation studio. I’m looking forward to seeing old co-workers, meeting new ones, and to finding out what project I’ll be working on. Should be interesting!

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi M, glad you enjoyed your last days of traveling and returned safe to your family, friends and Tony.

You mentioned something in this post I can identify with, namely how polite it can be back home in the west. I took my Greek boyfriend to California, and he was shell shocked by how nice and smiley people were, helpful and saying thank you. OK, it's not that the rest of the world is rude; it's not. But after so many years of dour faces in certain countries, it's the little things sometimes that make a big difference in one's day.

He didn't want to leave and has been pushing me ever since to move there.

Melissa said...

Glad you made it safely home, even though it was a trudge. Even more glad you're still posting! It's amazing how light your hair had gotten. Good luck with the new/old job and enjoy being around your loved ones!