Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

Wed, Nov 29 - Milan/Athens

In the morning, I had no time to explore more of Milan (so I really didn’t see much of it). I had my free breakfast and loaded up on packets of Nutella and crackers for later.

On the way to the metro from the hostel, I had a disturbing encounter with a very perverted, disgusting man. I won’t get into it but don’t worry, he didn’t hurt me or come too close to me, he just completely grossed me out and by that point I was thinking “good riddens Milan”. It’s too bad I didn’t have more time to check out the museums and cathedrals which I’m sure are great; but since I didn’t have time and had some bad experiences happen there, I just wanted to leave.

I had a nice 2 hour plane ride and was glad to be in Athens again. I took the metro to the hostel and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. There was a loft area for watching movies and there was funky music playing in the hall and in a good location too. I highly recommend “Athens Backpackers”. I stayed in a 6 person room but there was only me and another girl from Quebec. There was even an ensuite! That’s rare in a hostel; usually it’s down the hall or on a different floor.

I had a nice long shower and read for a few hours and had a great sleep.

M

No comments: