Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Cats and Raisins

Ok, this is weird post so bare with me. The other day my cat ate a raisin that dropped on the floor at home (I put raisins in my porridge for breakfast). I thought he ate it out of curiosity like some cats do and wouldn't like it.

Then yesterday, I brought a brand new bag of raisins home from the store and he jumped on the counter, grabbed the whole bag in his mouth and tried to take off with it (it was too big and heavy for him to run with though). So I gave him a few and he went nuts over them! It was like he was eating catnip. He kept meowing for more and more raisins! And when I put the bag away, he tried to get at it again so I ended up putting them in the fridge so he couldn't smell them.

Is this normal? I think he's just weird but it beats giving him the pricier cat treats! Anyways, that's all for today folks! lol



Melissa said...

You should probably stop feeding your kitty cat raisins. They can cause kidney problems.

Travel Girl said...

Oh, I didn't know that. I'll stop then!