Pages

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Swimming!

I've been very lazy with my blog updates the last few weeks. It didn't help that the internet was down at work most of last week. Well I have a few updates...

I'm totally over whatever I had, thank goodness! I was in a bad mood for a while because I was feeling crappy and had to stay in all weekend and miss all the good weather. I was excited for May1 ( day off work) so I could go out and enjoy the sun since I was starting to feel better BUT it ended up pouring that day and I was so mad. I've also been stressing about what to do in Sept (have to make a decision soon!). Anyways, after that day, I felt a lot better, the sun came out again and I figured out what I'm going to do in Sept!

After a lot of thought I've finally decided that I'll be coming back a little earlier than I thought. My plan was always to move back to the UK in Sept after Tony leaves to go back to Canada. I'd stay there for a while and then come back home a few months later. Long story short, I just don't have the mullah saved up to make another move without being a stress-case. I'd rather do one last trip in Sept and come home with money left over. So I'll be home mid/late September. I will buy tickets soon and when that happens, it'll be concrete, for now I'm pretty sure that's what I'll do. I've already thought of where I want to go too. I want to fly to Budapest from here and take a train to Prague, and then I'll fly to London and take a flight home from there. So that's my plan for the moment! I'm happy with it even if I'm coming home a few months early.

Today was a great day. I went swimming for the first time this year! I suntanned for a few hours but I didn't think I'd get in the water, it's still very cold; colder than Sooke Pot Holes (some of you will know what I'm talking about). But I just stepped in it and decided to wade along the beach and just kept going deeper and deeper till I was all the way in. It was nice! It was also in the 20's today and really felt like summer. Most of the time, I can't tell what it's like outside because it's pretty cold all the time in the office at work. But, I think from now on, it'll be nice out (fingers crossed!)

I'm using the internet right now at The Veiw Cafe and I just took 2 pics. I've mentioned this cafe before, it's in Hotel Nicholas and It's one of my faves. It's really nice to come here and sit in the sun, order a frappe, and use the free wireless internet. There is a great balcony with awsome veiws too, it's right on the water.



M

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you've recovered! Bummer about missing out on the sunny weather, but it sounds like you made up for it. What a cozy and inviting place that cafe is. Looks like you're all set up for the long haul.

I bet making a decision about Sept has taken such a weight off your shoulders. Sounds like a good plan--although I'll miss reading about all your fun adventures!!