Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

!!!Change of plans!!!

I should change my blog name to “M in the Greek Islands” because it looks like I’ll be staying here a little longer than I thought! I was offered a Graphic Design job on Paros and have decided to take it. I start in the middle of August and could stay here for up to a year if it works out!

This opportunity came up and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I will be staying at Tony’s parent’s place in a suite downstairs. It’s used as storage right now but I’m going to clean it up and paint it and make it into my little Greek home! I’ll also have to buy a scooter to get around. That’ll be fun to shop for!

This has been on the down low for about a week or so since I first heard about it. It was a big decision to make but there were so many good reasons to stay: I’ll learn Greek, I’ll save money (London is expensive!), I’ll be doing a job I like, I’ll see Tony more, I’ll have my own place, I’ll enjoy good weather… I’ll miss London because there was so much to do there but I think I made the right choice. I will definitely go back to London to visit and maybe live there a little later. I’ll be going to London in Sept to meet up with some of my relatives that will be visiting and to get the rest of my stuff and bring it over here.

Well that’s all the news for now. I’ll post before and after pics of my new little home when it’s done; it needs tons and tons of work though!

M

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, that sounds excellent! Isn't it amazing how life can change so quickly? Congrats and enjoy!