Pages

Monday, June 19, 2006

Let's see....

What have I been up to? On Thursday I was invited out to see the Mary Poppins musical by Charity, a girl I had met at bible study earlier in the week from San Francisco. It was really well done and the set changes were pretty elaborate. That's the first theatre play that I've seen here, I don't know why I haven’t gone before because there are sooo many to choose from. I think I'll go more once I get back from the summer and the bad weather starts again. Below is the Prince Edward Theatre.



On Friday and Saturday I worked double shifts and it was quite busy! I did about 25 hours of work in 2 days, so I had no time for anything else! Below is the beer garden outside of the pub. I was pretty much out there all day on Saturday taking orders for a BBQ which we do when the weather is nice.



On Sunday I went to Hillsong and did some errands and just wanted to veg since the days before were exhausting. That's one thing about work that I don't like. When I have a day off, I just want to do nothing and relax because I'm tired. There are so many things to do here though, that it feels like a waste; oh well! I have a little less than 2 years left, plenty of time to see and do a bunch! In the evening I ate sushi, watched part of the Korea vs France game, and rented a movie called "Match Point". It was pretty good with a crazy ending.

Today I went to Starbucks and studied Greek for over an hour. Bought some veggies and made an awesome Greek salad (one of my favs!) I then locked myself out of the flat for the second time! lol! So off to Gareth's work I went to get his set of keys. Now I'm back and going to make tea, eat my salad, and watch Casanova (I feel like watching a light hearted comedy, especially because it's set in Venice!) The next two days I'm working double shifts again: woo hoo! Thursday I have off and am going to my first "hen night" (UK version of a bachelorette party) for Helle who’s getting married in August and moving to Hong Kong. Then 2 more days of work and I'm free after Saturday! Tony arrives a week from today and I'm so excited to see him!!!

M

No comments: