Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

Heat Wave

We are experiencing a heat wave right now and I’m soooo not used to it! Yesterday, Tony and I went to the island of Antiparos for the day and it was one of the hottest days so far; it was about 38-40 degrees and on the bike it seriously felt like being in front of a huge blow dryer! It was a fun trip though. We went to a huge cave on the island which was so cool! You go down these little steep stairs all through it and there are mineral formations and the odd graffiti from others who’ve visited it including a former King of Greece. Christmas Mass was held there in 1673. It’s a pretty well know cave and I can see why. It was refreshing too, a lot cooler than outside. After the cave we headed to a beach and later, had coffee at a cafe in the harbour then headed home.



Last week I worked my butt off and had to come into work in the evenings and for a while on Saturday. I hope this week won’t be as busy, we’ll see.

Oh and here are some pics of when we went to Hohlaka for a swim on Saturday. There is a small water cave there which is kinda cool. We also went “hunting” for “chinese hats” (I don’t know their real name!)
M

No comments: