Pages

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Barcelona

This is my second day in Barcelona and there is soo much to see! I didn't realize it is one of the most visited cities in Europe besides Paris (atleast that's what someone told me).

The last 2 days were a bit of a blur. On Thurs, I caught the ferry to Athens and had half a day to look around before my flight. I mainly did some shopping since I really needed sandals. I completely wore out my favorite pair which I loved. They were so comfy! But these new ones I found will be a good replacement, they feel good.

After the shopping, I went for a walk to the Royal Palace and saw the changing of the guards and then headed to the airport. I had to kill a few hours till my 03:55 flight so in the airport, I read and tried to sleep a bit.

Finally, after the flight, I got to Barcelona and took a train into town and found my hostel. It's very nice!! In a great area: Passeig de Gracia. It's a very nice old building that has been renovated recently and is very clean and secure.

After getting settled, I headed out and walked around Las Ramblas area and did some shopping. After hours of walking and exploring my feet were so sore and I was tired from having barely any sleep the night before so I had an early night.

Today, I checked out a few museums and sights and I might do a little more shopping. I can't really elaborate right now because others want to use the internet. I'll post pics when I get home.

M

No comments: