Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In the Parks

Today I walked all over the place again! I took off to Regent's Park which is beautiful! There are rows of mansions lining the park on the right side and the park is full of beautiful trees and english gardens with fountains and statues. It was very windy today but nice because it wasn't cold at all. I headed up to Primrose Hill and had a great view of London from the top! There was this cute little kid (about 2 yrs) at the top named Thomas who tried to climb onto my bench (his mom was there, don't worry!)

I decided to check out my new neighborhood (Belsize Park); I'll be moving to a flat there in a few days. The area is very cute and hilly. There are some really beautiful old houses with strange looking trees in front. There is also a very village feel to the area with little shops and restaurants.

I eventually made my way back to the hostel, had a quick nap and then set off to Holborn for a bank meeting. I had an appointment at 2:00 to set up an account. I now have a UK bank account and I get my debit card sent to me in the mail in a week or so. Yay! Now I can find a job! Well, maybe not quite yet!

I also met up with Gareth, my soon to be roomie. We met at our flat and it's very cute! I have my own little room and I'll get a hub, so I can use the internet from my laptop. We went out to a local pub and had a drink. I think we'll get along fine, he's very nice and easy going. So on Sat I'll move my stuff over there and buy some food and settle in!

Now I'm back at the hostel and will have a shower and fall asleep! Tomorrow I think I'll hit up the Natural History Museum and Holland Park.

M

No comments: