Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Summer Already!?

Oops! Haven't posted in a while. Life just isn't as exciting as it was the last couple years.

In the last post, I mentioned about buying a condo - ya, no. I did my research and found that Victoria and many other Canadian cities are in a real estate bubble and I believe the prices will come down in the next couple years, so that's on the back burner. I've been looking for a place to rent instead. I was browsing Craigslist about a month ago and saw a place for rent in a great location which was very affordable so I went for a viewing and ended up getting it! It's a cute little attic suite in a big character house; perfect for one person and it's just a block away from Gonzales Beach. I move there Sept 1. I'm sooooo looking forward to it! I ordered a bike too (a beach cruiser) ; I'll bike to work on good days and bus it in the bad weather (I'm sick of driving to and from work everyday).

Capoeira is no more. We took lessons for about 3 months and found that we just couldn't commit the time. Most of the Capoeiristas went AT LEAST 3 days a week for lessons and it was a way of life for them. We just weren't into it enough.

Tony just finished his Network Technician program and applied to a few Co-op jobs for the summer to gain experience. He ended up getting a real job (ei: not Co-op) with a small growing IT company. They set up computer networks and digital telephony systems for various companies. This is great because they'll be training him all summer and then when he goes back to school, he'll be working there part-time. He has about 2 or so more years of school left. Below is my dad and Tony working on his final project. My dad created the casing for it and helped drill holes and things and Tony put all the circuitry, wires, bits and bobs, and programming altogether to create a ridiculously powerful amp. It even has neon lights in and it looks sooo good. The teacher kept wanting to buy it from him so he could show it to future classes.



I'm still animating and creating art for various video games at work and I love it. It's been extra busy the last month and will be all summer. There are a few titles on the go. There's one game for the Nintendo DS that came out in May called Teenage Zombies (below) that our studio did. It was kind of exciting when it came out because every aspect of the game was thought up and created in our studio (Usually we get outsourced work from other companies). Anywho, check it out if you have a DS it's pretty fun (a puzzle type game).


This weekend has been sooooo hot! I love it!! FINALLY!!!! What horrible weather it had been in June (or "Juneuary"). Tones and I had to get some much needed rays so we had a picnic on the rocks near Gonzales Beach. I am now sunburnt and sore but it was great and worth the redness! I have been missing Greece soooo much lately and this weather slightly makes up for not being there.



M

No comments: