Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Poor Neglected Blog

I haven't been updating my poor blog at all lately. I look at it once in a while to see what I was up to last year but that's about it. Well here's an update on how life is now:

I'm still with Tony of course and he is in full-on study/homework mode for a Networking Technician program this year and then he'll go into Computer Engineering for about 4 more years, that's the plan anywho.

I'm still at the animation studio and recently got hired permanently! I'm happy because I've been freelancing since I graduated, so now, having a permanent job takes away the stress of always having to find the next contract. (Well, I guess in Greece, it was permanent but I had to come home eventually!)

Since I have some job security now, I've been toying with the idea of buying my first condo this summer! I'm saving up big time and hope I'll have enough for something, although Victoria is a freakin expensive city to get started in. I may do halfers with my bro too, that's another idea. We'll see!

Tony and I have been taking Capoeira classes 2 or 3 times a week and they are deadly! It's a crazy workout but it can be frustrating at times. We are still some of the newest members so we have to really work our butts off to get the moves down.

I take Greek lessons on Wednesdays and it's coming along well. I've learned so much from the class and Tony helps me with my homework. I try to get him to talk to me more in Greek but I seem to do more Greek talking than he does (he always has to repeat or slow his speech down so I can understand - which must get annoying!)

That's about it for now!

M

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well hey there, stranger! Glad to hear things are going well for you. If you do decide to buy a condo, that would be a fun thing to blog about. Best of luck!

Travel Girl said...

Hi Melissa! Writing a blog about buying a first condo is actually a good idea. It might be interesting to others who are looking for their first place. Hmmm, maybe I will keep writing about that when I have enough saved to really seriously start looking.

Take care,
Michelle

Cale Atkinson said...

Hi Michelle!
I saw you commented on the Wayne's Blog and thought I'd drop a hello on here.
It was fun seeing you all at the Baby Shower! I'll no doubt be Paige's human napkin forever now haha
Anyway back to packing for the trip!
Hope all is going great with ya!

- Cale

Travel Girl said...

Hey Human Napkin! (aka Cale) Ya, that was fun! I guess you guys are leaving very very soon. You'll have to update your blog with what you guys are up to. Are you going to create a travel blog or will you post on your photography blog? I'll figure it out.
Have fun and stay save!
Michelle